Every Monday the teachers and children dress in their outdoor clothes and bring their wellies ready for ‘Muddy Mondays. The children and staff have fun in all weathers, taking part in a varied range of activities in the outdoor environment.
The children have the opportunity to learn many skills such as sharing, health and safety around the forest area, communication skills, Maths and Literacy and understanding the world around them. The children also have the opportunity to have their snack in the outdoors.
Below is an example of some of the activities we carry out often linked with the story book of the week:
- Bridge building - using different natural materials and working collaboratively.
- Pattern Making - using found/natural resources to create repeating patterns.
- Writing- collecting sticks and writing/mark making in the mud.
- Creative activities- making a Christmas tree using natural resources/ making a rabbit face using leaves, grass and flowers.
- Teddy bears picnic- singing and doing movements/ going on a bear hunt.
- Treasure hunts- finding letters or numbers and then making them with natural resources.
- Minibeast Hunt-Looking for minibeasts and making homes for them, drawing them and using magnifying glasses.
- Using the weather-making kites, helicopters and splashing in puddles!!